Where it all began....
Community Bank of Bergen County has been providing financial solutions to consumers and businesses since 1928 when it was first established in a small storefront on the corner of Rochelle Ave and Railroad Ave in Rochelle Park, NJ. In 1953, the bank opened its first true branch at 210 Rochelle Ave where it still stands and services the community today. Building on the needs of the surrounding communities like Maywood, Hackensack and Paramus a second branch was opened in Maywood on West Pleasant Ave in February 1957. These two branches serve as the cornerstones to the success of our bank and the doorways to our communities, allowing the personalized service our customers have come to expect and enjoy.
In 2002, the Bank once again felt there was a need for real community banking and opened its third branch on River Road in Fair Lawn. Throughout the expansion, the bank remained focused on providing superior service to its customers and local communities.
That focus on exceptional service holds true today. We take the time to get to know our customers, allowing us to provide personalized service at a level unmatched by larger financial institutions. Over the years we have extended our hours and have enhanced our product line so that we can continue to meet the changing needs of the communities we serve. Lending decisions are made locally, and a meeting with the president takes nothing more than a phone call.
With superior service, knowledge of our local communities, and a responsive management team, it is no wonder why our motto “Small Bank, Big Service” rings true with so many people.
Watch our 80th Anniversary Video Below!
This page contains information that is not optimized for mobile devices. To view the page later, click the 'View Later' link below: